Muffins are very delicious and can be eaten on many occasions, which makes them very nice to make. For example, they are the perfect dessert or snack! Also, what’s nice is that muffins are perfect for birthdays as you make a lot of them and they are very sweet.
This vegan sugar-free banana muffins recipe is perfect if you want deliciousness that many people can enjoy!
The muffins are very fluffy, sweet and they come with no added sugar, which is nice. Also, they are completely plant-based as you use plant-based milk to make them.
Another nice thing about these muffins is that they are made with very ripe bananas that make the muffins sweet, even though you don’t add any sugar! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them.
What Do You Need?
This muffin recipe is surprisingly easy to make and you only need 7 ingredients to make it.
Here is the list of the ingredients that you need:
- Flour: you can use a variety of types of flours to make these muffins. For this recipe, I’ve used all-purpose flour
- Baking powder: added to make the muffins very fluffy
- Bananas: the riper, the better. If you add very ripe bananas, your muffins will be extra sweet!
- Vanilla extract: to add a delicious sweet flavor to the muffins
- Sunflower oil: you can also add a different type of vegetable oil
- Soy milk: adds a delicious flavor to the muffins and it also contains a lot of protein. You can also use a different type of vegetable oil.
These vegan sugar-free banana muffins are very easy and quick to make.
First, you’ll need to preheat the oven to 350°F.
While the oven is getting ready, you can make the batter for the muffins.
The first thing that you’ll do is add the dry ingredients to a large bowl. You can first add the flour, then add the baking powder and salt.
When that is all added, you can mix the ingredients and set the bowl aside.
Now, you need to mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
You need to add the soy milk, the sunflower oil, and the vanilla extract. Then, you stir the ingredients.
Now, add the bananas to the wet ingredients and mix them until the mixture is smooth.
Now, you can take the dry ingredients from the other bowl and add them to the wet ingredients and the banana. After that, you need to mix all ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
Now, it is time to fill the muffin cups. With this recipe, you can make about 20 muffins.
After the oven is done with preheating, you can put the muffins in and bake them for about 20 minutes (depending on your oven).
Once the muffins are done baking, get them out of the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
Variations to this muffin recipe
There are various ways that you can change this recipe.
The first thing that you could do is to use another plant-based milk. For example, you could add almond milk if you want to make a soy-free recipe. Or you can add other types of plant-based milk. Keep in mind that changing the plant-based milk that you use will change the flavor.
In this recipe, I assume you make a smooth batter. Alternatively, you can leave the banana in larger pieces. This will change the structure of the muffins and makes the flavor of the banana more intense.
Even though this muffin recipe is muffins without added sugar, you could add some sugar to it. A great way to do that is by adding powdered sugar on top. This tastes great and will also look very nice, especially for birthdays.
What’s nice about muffins in general, and also for these muffins, is that you can choose the color of the muffin cups that you use. I used yellow ones, but you can also use a different color, depending on the occasion. For example, you can use the favorite color of your child when making these cupcakes for your child’s birthday.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of sunflower oil
- 1½ cup of unsweetened soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, vanilla extract, sunflower oil, and unsweetened soy milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix it.
- Fill each muffin cup with the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Protein: 2.86g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.